Fres·nel   (frah-nel') French physicist who supported the wave theory of light, investigated polarized light, and developed a compound lens for use in lighthouses.

The Fresnel lenses we offer are very high quality and produce clear optics for solar sun collection and optical science light refraction. The Fresnel Lenses are manufactured out of Acrylic materal and offer the higher quality cross impression Fresnel Pattern. All lenses have minor imperfections and are noted on the detailed page. These imperfections do not affect solar collection or most scientific light usage.

ALL OUR LENSES ARE SOLAR TESTED

45" FRAMED SPOT FRESNEL LENS.
GPS power Estimate 9.3
Condition Very Good

CLEAR OPTICS VERY STRONG LENS
FOR SOLAR CONCENTRATION.

SIZE-----------------31H X 31W
• POWER EST.-----------9.3
• BEAM-----------------SPOT
• BEAM SIZE MAX POWER--.4 INCH (2.7" OUTER AREA 900 F)
• FOCAL LENGTH---------31 INCHES
• WEIGHT --------------12 LBS.
• MAX TEMP. CLIMB------2300 F IR THERMOMETER
• MAX COLLECTION-------2603F MATERIAL EST...........
• MATERIALS TESTED
• WATER------------12oz. BOILS 70 sec.
• WOOD-------------FLAME .1 SEC.
• ZINC-------------MELTS .5OZ 14 GRAMS - 10 SEC. * 3.1 GRAMS - 6 SEC.
• GLASS------------MELTS 1" X 1/4" BROWN GLASS 15 SEC.
• CONCRETE---------GLOW 14 SEC. EXPOSURE, MELT 33 SEC

$279.99
$25 USA 48 SHIPPING

BUY IT NOW

The lens is secured with 53lbs. of pressure incased in a custom frame. This frame is very strong and has mounting holes ready for use. Secured frame rail is screwed in position (not nailed). This allows for easy removal of the lens from the wooded frame for other scientific purposes.

LENS HAS SOME MINOR SCRATCHES
Lens should NEVER BE LEFT IN THE SUN UNATTENDED. Fresnel lenses concentrate several square feet of sunlight down to less than 1/2". My personal tests have resulted in surface temperatures in excess of 2000 degrees Fahrenheit. VERY DANGEROUS. IF YOU DO USE THIS FOR SCIENTIFIC PURPOSES, DO NOT LEAVE OUTSIDE OR NEAR SUNLIGHT EVER. TREAT IT AND RESPECT IT AS A FURNACE OR BLOWTORCH. Stuff instantly can catch on fire. Buyer assumes all risks and responsibility. I strongly recommend wearing protective eye goggles (wielding/blow torch) to prevent eye damage. Protective clothing (fireproof) is also recommended as well as a large open space away from structures and autos. CHILDREN OR PETS SHOULD NEVER BE IN WORK AREA! By bidding on this item, buyer agrees to accept all responsibilities and AGREES TO hold seller harmless from injury or damages resulting in the use and possible mis-use of this item. MUST BE 18 years or older to purchase. WARNING : I have included a Youtube video to demonstrate the power of this type of lens when placed in the sun. Lens should NEVER BE LEFT IN THE SUN UNATTENDED. Fresnel lenses concentrate several square feet of sunlight down to less than 1/2". My personal tests have resulted in surface temperatures in excess of 2000 degrees Fahrenheit. VERY DANGEROUS. IF YOU DO USE THIS FOR SCIENTIFIC PURPOSES, DO NOT LEAVE OUTSIDE OR NEAR SUNLIGHT EVER. TREAT IT AND RESPECT IT AS A FURNACE OR BLOWTORCH. Stuff instantly can catch on fire. Buyer assumes all risks and responsibility. I strongly recommend wearing protective eye goggles (wielding/blow torch) to prevent eye damage. Protective clothing (fireproof) is also recommended as well as a large open space away from structures and autos. CHILDREN OR PETS SHOULD NEVER BE IN WORK AREA! By bidding on this item, buyer agrees to accept all responsibilities and AGREES TO hold seller harmless from injury or damages resulting in the use and possible mis-use of this item. MUST BE 18 years or older to purchase. WARNING : I have included a Youtube video to demonstrate the power of this type of lens when placed in the sun. Lens should NEVER BE LEFT IN THE SUN UNATTENDED. Fresnel lenses concentrate several square feet of sunlight down to less than 1/2". My personal tests have resulted in surface temperatures in excess of 2000 degrees Fahrenheit. VERY DANGEROUS. IF YOU DO USE THIS FOR SCIENTIFIC PURPOSES, DO NOT LEAVE OUTSIDE OR NEAR SUNLIGHT EVER. TREAT IT AND RESPECT IT AS A FURNACE OR BLOWTORCH. Stuff instantly can catch on fire. Buyer assumes all risks and responsibility. I strongly recommend wearing protective eye goggles (wielding/blow torch) to prevent eye damage. Protective clothing (fireproof) is also recommended as well as a large open space away from structures and autos. CHILDREN OR PETS SHOULD NEVER BE IN WORK AREA!
NEVER STORE EXPOSED LENS NEXT TO ANY STRUCTURE!!!!!!!!!!
NEVER LEAVE LENS UNCOVERED WHEN NOT IN USE!!!!!
Buyer agrees to accept all responsibilities and AGREES TO hold
seller harmless from injury or damages resulting in the use and possible mis-use of this item.
MUST BE 18 years or older to purchase.
THIS IS NOT A TOY, REAL SCIENCE STUFF!!!!!