Il y a parfois rarement des choses à redire, mais c'est clairement la faute des scientifiques Français qui les ont conseillés, au lieu d'étrangers.
Niveaux de contamination externe, pas celui interne inconnu, bien plus difficile à mesurer, voire impossible si poussière localement radioactive !!
Jancovici dira que ce n'est pas documenté et donc rien !!
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/201 ... .html?play
Ils croient toujours à pouvoir décontaminer !!
Areva a manqué ce marché au Japon :
Fukushima residents' radiation exposure revealed
Health checkups show that some Fukushima residents were exposed to 15 millisieverts of radiation in the first 4 months after the nuclear disaster.
The government has set a target of one millisievert per year as a safe exposure level.
Fukushima Prefecture has been testing all 2 million residents following the accident at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant in March.
The authorities announced the estimated external exposure levels of about 1,700 people living in 3 municipalities, including Namie Town and Iitate Village.
These areas were designated as evacuation zones after the accident.
The results show residents, excluding those working at the Daiichi plant, were exposed to a maximum of 15 millisieverts of radiation during the first 4 months after the accident. About 10 people were exposed to more than 10 millisieverts.
This is the first time such figures have been made public.
Radiation levels of over 1,100 people, or two-thirds of the residents in the 3 municipalities, were less than the annual permissible limit of one millisievert.
98 percent of those tested are estimated to have been exposed to less than 5 millisieverts.
Some residents working at the nuclear plant have been exposed to more than 30 millisieverts.
Friday, December 09, 2011 10:20 +0900 (JST)
Ex-Fukushima plant chief has esophageal cancer
Tokyo Electric Power Company says the former head of the disaster-stricken Fukushima nuclear power plant has been diagnosed with esophageal cancer. The company quotes his doctor as saying it is very unlikely that his disease was caused by radiation exposure.
Masao Yoshida had led the efforts to stabilize the plant after the severe accident triggered by the March 11th earthquake and tsunami. The company relieved him from his post of plant chief on Thursday last week, one week after he was admitted to hospital.
On Monday last week, the firm announced his hospitalization but did not reveal his disease or how much radiation he had been exposed to while he was in charge of the operation to bring the plant under control. The company cited the 56-year-old former plant chief's need for privacy.
On Friday, Tokyo Electric announced that it had obtained Yoshida's consent to disclose that he has esophageal cancer.
It said he had been exposed to accumulated radiation doses of about 70 millisieverts. The upper limit for plant workers during any emergency is 100 millisieverts.
Quoting experts' views, the utility said it takes at least 5 years for people to develop this type of cancer and the chances are slim that Yoshida's disease is linked to his exposure to radioactive fallout from the nuclear accident.
Yoshida reportedly visited the Fukushima plant on Friday to explain his illness to the workers there.
Friday, December 09, 2011 13:25 +0900 (JST)
Full decontamination to start in Fukushima in Mar.
Japan's Environment Ministry says it will delay the start of full decontamination work for no-entry zones and government-designated evacuation zones in Fukushima Prefecture until late March.
A law taking effect next month requires the state to decontaminate areas with high radiation levels. The restricted areas were designated after the March accident at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. The government is now conducting a model project to seek effective ways to clean up the contaminated areas.
The Environment Ministry had said it would start decontamination work for these areas in January or later. However, it revealed on Sunday that full decontamination efforts for houses and farmland will begin in late March.
The ministry said it will start decontaminating infrastructure, including roads as well as water and electricity supply systems, in late January.
The ministry said it will take time to get permission from evacuees to decontaminate their homes and agricultural land. It also cited the difficulty of securing temporary storage sites for topsoil removed during decontamination work.
Regarding areas with annual radiation far above 20 millisieverts, the ministry said it will only start decontamination after launching a new model project to decide ways to do so and ensure the safety of workers.
The government is legally obliged to aim to end the transfer of decontaminated soil to temporary storage spots by the end of March 2014, except for areas with particularly high radiation levels.
Monday, December 12, 2011 05:35 +0900 (JST)
Govt compiles decontamination guidelines
Japan's Environment Ministry has compiled guidelines for the removal of radioactive materials discharged from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant.
The 164-page document with illustrations was disclosed at a meeting of experts on Sunday. It was compiled for residents of cities and municipalities.
The 4-part guidelines cover ways to measure radiation levels and remove radioactive substances. They also show how to collect, deliver and store radiation-tainted soil and other materials.
The decontamination process will be different for buildings, roads, soil and plants.
The guidelines recommend that water volume and pressure for decontaminating buildings should be adjusted as excessive amounts may cause the dispersion of radioactive materials.
It says moss and dead leaves should be manually removed before high-pressure sprays are used to save water.
It adds that the used water should not be drained but collected in buckets.
The guidelines propose the use of separate containers for different levels of radiation-contaminated soil. They also give the safe distances of storage spaces from residential areas.
Ministry officials say they hope the guidelines can facilitate the implementation of a plan to build temporary storage facilities as residents will have a clearer idea of the decontamination process.
The ministry is expected to release the document on Wednesday and explain the details to residents of the Tohoku and Kanto regions.
Sunday, December 11, 2011 23:28 +0900 (JST)